Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nostalgia & Moving On

Due to severe boredom and a stroke of luck, I came across old videos of The Power Rangers on youtube. Really brings back good ol' memories spending the weekends, sometimes with my cousins in Malacca watching these every week. The craze of buying the tapes and toys.....and roleplaying without a care in the world..gawd i feel old.



Whats even more nostalgic..the theme song lolololol...for those who grew up watching the show...



Now comes the topic of moving on. I have been playing magic for over a decade but only been involve in competitive scene only recently. I went for my first nationals this year, and it's been great. The change in environment, meeting and playing with seasoned professionals has been an eye opener to say the least. There is a desire now to improve myself and bring myself to a higher level. No longer I can play for fun, or do something that rarely been done. I now play to win. Losing is not easy to take.

However, not all my mates see my viewpoint. Perhaps KV was right, it's time to venture out of my comfort zone. But this can only be achieved only when I am able to start work though. Funding for cards of my own and investment into MTGO would take some time. As for now, nationals is over and there is a year to look ahead. Here's to a more successful MTG career.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Itz almost a decade of MTG for me too.
    I ventured into the competitive scene earlier and is liking it so far.
    U don't have to venture outta ur comfort zone too much but that depends on what ur comfort zone is.
    However itz the way u approach the metagame, that would differ. We can discuss this further in next yum cha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure man np.just that sometimes ppl are too stubborn 2 venture out u know? more yumcha topics ;)

    ReplyDelete